Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing have come together to form one of the top 15 largest breweries in the United States, building on the strong legacies of our celebrated heritages. We brew badass beers on both coasts at our breweries in Escondido, CA and Richmond, VA, and create amazing experiences at our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens and Taproom locations. We’ve enjoyed a rich history following our passion and are in search of people who are equally passionate about pursuing their craft to join the team.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Pay Range: $16.00/hr. - $18.00/hr.
- Company beer perks program and discounts
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health & Wellness and Career Development
The Line Cook I is responsible for accurately and efficiently cooking meats, fish, vegetables, and other hot food products as well as preparing and portioning food products prior to cooking. Line Cooks I also own final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for varying menu item plates while collaborating with Front of House teams to execute timing of final plate delivery to our fans.
Evening and weekend availability will be required for this role.
- Successfully prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Executes and adheres to all recipe and kitchen specification and standards for each menu item, practice, and procedure.
- Executes effective communication in leading the kitchen line with composing and expediating food orders in order to maintain delivering quality food to our fans.
- Maintains all sufficient levels of food pars, inventory, and station specific products – including appropriately rotating products.
- Successfully perform and execute each project or assignment including all opening and closing duties.
- Collaborate with kitchen team members, event crew, and front of house crew members to deliver exceptional fan experience throughout each shift.
- Support Event Chef and crew members with event menu specifications and event execution.
- Efficiently train and demonstrate required skills related to one or more stations within the kitchen line to meet service needs and expectations.
- Ability to understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations regarding health, sanitation, and safety pertaining to Team Members and fans.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, wok, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Ability to attend scheduled team member meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 1 year of related experience and/or training in high volume kitchen preparation and cooking.
- ServSafe Certification is a plus
- Reliable transportation is necessary
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, various ability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
The official leaders in the beer revolution