Taproom Crew Lead
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing have come together to form one of the top 15 largest breweries in the United States, building on the strong legacies of our celebrated heritages. We brew badass beers on both coasts at our breweries in Escondido, CA and Richmond, VA, and create amazing experiences at our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens and Taproom locations. We’ve enjoyed a rich history following our passion and are in search of people who are equally passionate about pursuing their craft to join the team.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Pay Range: $17.93/hr. plus tips
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible Team Members
- Company beer perks program and discounts
- Paid Time Off - Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health & Wellness and Career Development
Our Taproom Crew Leads are responsible for leading Crew Members, engaging and executing beer and merchandise sales while creating and delivering an amazing fan experience. We trust our Crew Leads with handling all fan questions and concerns and seek solutions that guarantee meeting our service standards. To be a successful Taproom Crew Member, it’s important to stay up to date with industry standards, maintain the taproom’s visual appearance, and the taproom’s beer offerings.
- Deliver Amazing Fan service to all fans, vendors, Team Members, and other industry partners through each interaction.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Taproom which includes register maintenance, securing doors, disarming and/or setting up alarms and shutting down equipment.
- Collaborate with management in leading the team regarding duties, projects, and sales through delegation and coaching.
- Represents an extension of management while on shift to address Team Member, fan, and vendor inquiries or concerns.
- Pour and serve all beer, brewed cocktails, and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with our Company’s standards.
- Execute all opening and closing duties as outlined in our company training materials.
- Handle deposits and reservations for beer purchases
- Plan and execute all brewery tours (as applicable) which includes public speaking.
- Responsible for stocking all merchandise and beer inventory that meets visual requirements and standards.
- Maintain the quality of all Taproom displays, merchandise, and general cleaning and sanitizing.
- Accurately record and operate POS system for beer, merchandise, and tours sales
- Ability to understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations regarding health and safety pertaining to Team Members and fans.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 2 year of related experience and/or training, preferably in a beverage or retail environment. Must have cash handling experience, preferably with a POS system.
- POS system experience is strongly preferred. Must possess effective public speaking skills.
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server or higher preferred.
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, various ability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
The official leaders in the beer revolution