Area Sales Representative - Tampa/Orlando
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing have come together to form one of the top 15 largest breweries in the United States, building on the strong legacies of our celebrated heritages. We brew badass beers on both coasts at our breweries in Escondido, CA and Richmond, VA, and create amazing experiences at our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens and Taproom locations. We’ve enjoyed a rich history following our passion and are in search of people who are equally passionate about pursuing their craft to join the team.
The Area Sales Representative supports the local markets by engaging in sales and relationship building with existing and potential accounts. The Area Sales Representative works under the guidance of the Area Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager to meet sales goals. The role also ensures our portfolio of beers are held in the highest level of confidence by building relationships and trust with key decision makers and influencers within the local market. The Area Sales Representative typically operates at a city or state level of market focus.
- Manage existing weekly sales route, visiting an average of 50-55 retail stops per week
- Prospect and secure new business by determining focus areas within designated territory, setting up presentations and utilizing stop-by techniques
- Introduce accounts to our existing and new beers, brands, packages, and draught
- Drive accurate execution of programs by distributor personnel
- Build and sustain quality relationships with the key distribution and decision makers in the retail accounts to enhance our sales capabilities and drivers
- Ensure company standards and quality control are met in both the on/off premise channels
- Deliver the target volumes and distribution goals as stated in the specific region plan and documented through our KPIs
- Set up and execute in-store promotions, beer dinners, and special events as needed
- Oversee execution of all marketing programs within retail accounts
- Manage chain execution (distribution/promotions/programming) with assigned accounts
- Place point of sale (POS) items in retail accounts as directed
- Audit accounts for pricing surveys to document price points on the shelf for portfolio
- Identify and establish new relationships with target accounts through persuasive and effective selling techniques
- Communicate daily with management team to ensure issues are resolved in a timely basis
- Maintain self-education on all our beer brands, the local market, and the beer industry in general
- Participate in sales meetings, training sessions, shows, and events at the customer and distributor level as it pertains to assigned industry segment
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 1-3 years of related sales experience within the food or beverage industry, preferably in craft beer sales and working within three-tier system
- Ability to manage complex sales, sales programs, and portfolios of initiatives through excellent influence and customer service skills
- Effective and persuasive communicator with outstanding presence, presentation and negotiation skills that constantly strives for simplicity and clarity
- Solid execution skills with a passion for getting into the details where appropriate to make effective decisions and drive results
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server certificate or higher desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Flexibility to travel as needed, including weekends where necessary to drive sales and connect with customers
- Regular travel required to retail accounts. Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record and reliable transportation with vehicle insurance in good standing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather and traffic conditions. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Annual Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000
- Annual Sales Bonus Plan: 30% of Annual Salary
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible Team Members
- Company beer perks program and discounts
- Paid Time Off - including Vacation accrual, Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health & Wellness and Career Development
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, various ability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
The official leaders in the beer revolution