- Regular Full-Time
- Human Resources
The Payroll Administrator will ensure accurate processing of multi-state weekly, biweekly and semi-monthly payrolls for numerous Houses. Ensures payroll activities are performed in a timely manner with an exceptional level of quality. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to payroll and payroll tax processing, garnishments, union dues payments, and new implementations.
- Ensures timely processing of employee payroll, ensure all associate time information is entered, maintain payroll data and payroll requests by electronic submissions as well as the email system associated with each payroll process, including all time corrections, off-cycle checks and garnishments, and calculate special compensation, commissions, retro pay increases and final payouts.
- Ensures associates are paid according to weekly, bi-weekly and semimonthly payroll schedules, printing checks and direct deposit vouchers for mail or electronic submission by transmitting positive pay files and ACH files to the bank for process. Act as Bank and Time and Attendance Liaison for any systemic issues.
- Prepare monthly spreadsheet reconciliation of taxes paid and partner with house finance departments on any posting inquiries to ensure accurate postings to general ledger accounts. Ensures appropriate setup of all benefit deductions including union dues and fees by inputting all data in a timely fashion.
- Continuously improves the payroll process by analyzing trends and providing recommendations.
- Create ad hoc payroll accounting reports, manage inquiries and requests to Payroll Mailbox, Support Payroll vendor management for Wage Payments, Tax and Garnishments.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related area
- Multi-state payroll processing experience preferred
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Payroll Administration field
- Preferred knowledge of office systems – SAP, Workday Payroll, ADP
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Accountable for results which impact the department.
- Selects best option from a set of defined procedures/ solutions using common sense and experience of similar situations.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations