- Regular Full-Time
The Routing Manager is responsible for supporting the systems and process implementation of route planning, monitoring and execution. This is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient planning of delivery routes each day. This manager will work with operations team members to drive continuous improvement in service levels, quality, and productivity. We are looking for metrics driven and data-oriented individual to join our team.
- Manages and monitors route performance, reports on trends, and works closely with transportation and warehouse teams to recommend and implement changes to continually improve productivity and routing efficiency.
- Trains and coaches site employees on use on effective use of the Transportation System to achieve business goals; transfers routing expertise to site employees. Continuously improve productivity by establishing goals for stops, containers, and miles per route day and route hours.
- Coordinate Sales and Operations Planning efforts to strategically align sales territories, customer deliveries, and delivery routes
- Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives; Monitors work of subordinates and provides coaching and performance counseling as necessary to maintain performance levels.
- Ensure our operations are safe and CSA/DOT compliant
- Produce and analyze transportation reports to ensure improved productivity and reduce expense.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management experience preferred
- 3+ years previous routing experience, including use of electronic route planning tools, required; 5+ years preferred
- Work experience implementing technology in a fleet / operations environment
- Work experience in fleet operations (i.e. route optimization, driver management)
- Experience using routing software (Roadnet is a plus)
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems.
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations