- Regular Full-Time
At the direction of the Director of Purchasing and the Purchasing Manager, the Coordinator assists in purchasing products from suppliers and coordinates the transportation and receipt of products (Wine, Beer, Spirits and non-alcoholic beverages) from suppliers and/or other resources as determined by management.
Non-exempt hourly position
Range: $23 - $27 hourly
- analyzes company needs for inventory
- prepares purchase orders
- communicates purchase orders to suppliers, vendors, truckers, custom's brokers and shipping agencies
- tracks and update Purchase Order delivery dates
- requests Purchase Order confirmations and updates POs accordingly
- prepares and coordinates stock transfers
- works with the Warehouse on all Purchase Order delivery discrepancies
- facilitates and works with the Warehouse on the delivery and shipment of product to/from suppliers
- prepares shipment and transportation paperwork for product pickup and delivery to Company facilities
- coordinates outside trucker deliveries for domestic pickup and delivery
- tracks local orders through pick up and inventory receipts
- tracks all domestic order progress on a daily basis
- tracks all import order progress on a weekly basis
- coordinates the receipt of goods with our warehouse facilities
- coordinates purchasing through invoicing or special order goods for customers
- coordinates invoicing for sub-jobber and out-of-state information and ETA information with the sales force and company departments
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- Beverage alcohol and/or CPG industry experience
- Ability to master multiple technology systems (Goal Model, CPG, etc.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Accountable for results which impact the department.
- Selects best option from a set of defined procedures/ solutions using common sense and experience of similar situations.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations