Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative
- Regular Full-Time
This position is designed as a sales development role and will rotate through a number of different territories. The primary responsibility for this position will be to fill in open territories as needed in order to maximize the sales of supplier brands to the trade. This position may be asked to assist the Merchandising Department during particularly heavy merchandising periods.
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customer’s needs to include selling display ideas, new products, cold box, shelf, back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists, and promotions.
- Maintains product levels in accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves (where legal).
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Obtains payments for company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates account staff by conducting educational staff training seminars on brands.
- Services accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues as appropriate to management.
- Strategizes/preplans on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Ensures national account compliance where applicable by accurately completing all necessary surveys.
- Understands the account’s buying patterns by reviewing the company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintains accurate historical account purchase information.
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales
- Basic PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit
- Understanding of wine and spirits
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Accountable for results which impact the department.
- Selects best option from a set of defined procedures/ solutions using common sense and experience of similar situations.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations