- Regular Full-Time
Primary role is to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair operation of conveyor system and all other mechanical items on the property.
- Responsible for identifying issues with equipment and coordinating and performing necessary maintenance.
- Applies knowledge of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems, maintains and repairs a variety of distribution and facilities equipment – including, but not limited to, conveyor systems, AS/RS systems, cranes, etc.
- Maintains the operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on conveyors, programmable controllers, transformers, and machinery wiring; following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications; troubleshooting.
- Repairs electrical and mechanical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determines faulty wiring; inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery.
- Performs routine maintenance by using hand and power tools, electric meters, and materials handling equipment in performing duties.
- Coordinates and/or performs general building maintenance.
- Maintains and repairs general facilities maintenance to include plumbing, painting, lighting, and other building maintenance to ensure buildings are maintained in working order.
- Installs new machines and equipment by installing power supply wiring and conduit to and between machines and equipment; using hand tools and test equipment.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in building maintenance
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Accountable for results which impact the department.
- Selects best option from a set of defined procedures/ solutions using common sense and experience of similar situations.
Monday - Friday Pay starts at $25.00 hr
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations