Warehouse Worker - Night Shift
Warehouse Worker - Night Shift
- Regular Full-Time
We are experts in the beer, wine, and spirits industry looking for individuals to join our safety-minded, family-based culture. If you are looking for a warehouse career with a Company that lives their values everyday with the goal of having their associates feel supported, engaged, and empowered, then come join our winning team.
Under close supervision, follows oral or written work orders in the storage or movement of received stock, equipment, or merchandise. Uses hand trucks or power devices to haul material to or from storage or work sites to designated areas, and stores items in bins, on floor, or on shelves for convenient removal.
Salary and Benefit Statement:
Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience.
- Schedule: Sunday through Thursday - start at 7:30 PM
- Compensation: $23/hour + $2 night shift differential
Day Warehouse Worker:
- Checks and receives inbound product and unloads shipments utilizing a forklift and ensures that the wheels of the trucks being unloaded have their wheels chocked before unloading begins.
- Pulls customer and salespersons’ orders using warehouse equipment.
- Accounts for broken product including proper clean up and disposal.
- Restocks cases and pallets in proper location in a neat and orderly manner.
- Rotates warehouse inventory to assigned locations.
- Performs general cleanup of warehouse (including restrooms).
- Sort pallets and empty beer kegs.
- Checks in all driver returns and delivery invoices, and restocks customer returns in proper locations of the warehouse.
- Ensures that the equipment is in good working condition and must report any equipment problems to warehouse management.
Night Warehouse Loader:
- Picks product from the warehouse and prepares orders for shipment.
- Manually loads product of wine, beer, spirits and beer kegs into company delivery bobtail truck.
- Checks product to ensure that the correct quantity and the correct product is being loaded.
- Moves product utilizing hand truck.
- Performs general cleanup of warehouse, break room and restroom. (i.e. sweeping and cleaning breakage, discarding shrink wrap, card board boxes and emptying trash cans including the ones in the restroom.)
- Reports any damaged equipment, and/or inventory breakage to warehouse management.
- 2-3 years of experience working in warehouse/ distribution environment is desired.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays if required.
- Ability to operate forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and reach trucks to retrieve product from various warehouse locations depending on the position (Company will train and certify).
- Must be able to work in cold environment (Malt Facility for Commerce employees) High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Basic reading, writing, and math aptitude.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions.
Includes bending, squatting, reaching, walking, standing, carrying, and lifting an average of 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required.
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more repetitively throughout work hours.
- Ability to work in cold environment (36-55 degrees). The temperature varies depending on the location within the facility. Personal protective equipment is provided and required, which includes hat, gloves, and insulated coat/jacket.
- Loading and unloading products into bobtail truck
- Placing cases of wine in the trunks of cars – removing each case from the trunks of cars.
- Handling of kegs – this must be handled by two individuals or by use of hand trucks.
- Utilizing warehouse equipment such as, forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, hand trucks, and dollies.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing.
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations