Driver Trainee - $1500 Sign on Bonus!*
***NEW HIRE Sign On Bonus $1500***
Craft VT is currently hiring several leading career opportunities starting as a Driver Trainee! We are looking for energetic individuals to help on our delivery routes, and who possess a strong work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility, and a desire to learn how to be a delivery driver. Candidates will be eligible for an additional bonus incentive upon receiving a CDL learners permit & CDL B license. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual!
We offer competitive pay, 401k plan with match and full health benefits ($0 deductible!)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with delivery of pre-sold products, cases and kegs.
- Assist with loading empties on trucks for return to supplier as required
- Maintain courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers
- Arrive to work on time and in proper uniform
- Obtain DOT card
- Assist driver with invoices & paperwork
- Assist driver in backing up
- Help driver with checking their load prior to leaving for their route. Assist in strapping and securing the load when needed.
- Keep truck and equipment clean and free of trash and debris
- High School diploma or GED
- Must speak English fluently
- Requires excellent attendance and reliability
- Fundamental math skills in order to count and interpret inventory
- Flexibility with schedule
- Non-CDL driver’s license for at least a year with clean driving record
- Desire to obtain CDL Class B license
We offer excellent pay and benefits and all delivery employees are eligible for overtime after 40 hours.
- Competitive pay – starts at $20/hr
- Health Benefits – low cost to you, $0 in-network deductible!
- Paid Time off accrues from day 1
- Excellent retirement program – 401k match!
- $1500 new hire sign on bonus - certain terms and conditions apply to payout
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
*In applying for this job and providing your phone number, you are authorizing the Sheehan Family Companies to contact you via text message for recruiting purposes. You may opt out of text messaging at any time.
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898