Beer Sales Representative
Beechwood Sales and Service is a family owned and operated beer distribution company. We represent the world’s best breweries. We are proud of our high level of service and commitment to our employees, which has earned us several recognitions as a Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. We offer an opportunity to work with world-class beer professionals in a vibrant and engaging environment. Beechwood provides industry leading benefits including competitive salaries, outstanding healthcare, a generous retirement package, paid vacation and holidays, career training, and opportunities for growth and development within our organization.
Beechwood Sales & Service is hiring a Full-Time Sales Representative in St. Croix Falls, New Richmond, Grantsburg, Siren, Menomonie, Spooner, and the surrounding areas! Sales Reps motivate the successful sale, distribution, and retail execution of Beechwood products and related programs resulting in the overall volume growth of the accounts within the assigned territory. Sales Representatives are developed and mentored to become familiar with the various roles of sales & operations within our growing company.
We are looking for a hardworking, motivated individual with a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to join and contribute to our team. We like to consider ourselves as the "beer half-full" kind of people. Apply today to learn more!
Essential Job Functions:
- Successful sale, distribution, and placement efforts across our extensive and award-winning Beechwood Craft, Import, Seltzer, and Spirits portfolio
- Through Brewery and Distiller samplings, seminars, team selling, and on-site visits –expand your product understanding to better share and sell brand attributes at retail.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations through detailed sales support techniques
- Support your key brands at on premise bar promotions or Craft sampling events as needed
- Initiate development of new accounts and exciting new product placements and segments
- Showcase your promotional skills and acumen with effective and dynamic display techniques of select brand materials within key selling corridors
- Ensure that all product is rotated and freshness code policy is followed
- Balance multiple objectives and directives assigned to foster portfolio growth and expansion.
- Handle customer questions regarding credit, delivery, product information, and other inquiries as they arise
- Execute monthly goals as related to business activities
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Other duties as assigned
Critical Physical Demands:
- Use of hand and foot controls for driving
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels and quarter barrels from floor to 48" on an occasional basis
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck and/or cart on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, adding machine
- Sales Rep day in the life video
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred emphasis in a business related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, high energy, and self-motivated individual with a desire to succeed
- Superior organization skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Sales and customer service experience preferred
- Craft Beer knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of legal requirements regarding the sale and the delivery of alcoholic beverages
Why Join Us?
- Career development with in-house and on-the-job training
- 401K with company match + profit sharing
- PTO + paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Platinum-level health coverage including medical, dental and vision insurance with $0 in-network deductible and low premium contributions
- EAP Program with work-life services
- Wellness benefits, tuition assistance, cell phone discounts
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support a diverse and inclusive culture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898