Night Warehouse Forklift Operator/Order Selector - $3000 sign-on bonus
T. J. Sheehan Distributing, the Anheuser-Busch wholesaler for Onondaga County along with a diverse portfolio of craft beers and imports for Central and Western New York State, is currently seeking to fill a full-time Night Warehouse Forklift Operator/Order Selector position in our operations department.
This position is a hands-on role that requires physically picking the cases of beer for pallet loading in an accurate and efficient manner to complete delivery orders. We provide our Warehouse Operators with state-of-the-art technology to ensure they are fully prepared and set up for success in their roles. Our Warehouse Operators are trained from within to be successful and learn key aspects of beer wholesaler operations from the ground up. We are looking for an energetic individual with a strong sense of responsibility to join our team. We also offer a generous employee benefit package.
Schedule: Sunday - Thursday, 2 PM - work is done
What you'll be doing:
- Unload delivery trucks
- Stock shelves & rollers as required
- Operating an electric and hydraulic pallet jack, and forklift
- Building orders for retail account delivery
- Verify that trucks have been loaded properly
- Sweep, stack empty pallets, and pick up stretch wrap, and dump trash barrels throughout warehouse
- Level off pallets on load line & make sure products are left in proper location.
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Prior warehouse experience a plus, but not necessary as we train in-house
- Ability and willingness to become certified on forklift operations
- Must be able to learn voice pick system & work independently
- Ability to read, write, and fundamental math skills
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Safety consciousness
Why join us?
- Hourly Rate of Pay is $20.80 + night differential
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance - $0 in-network deductible, low premium contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401k Savings Plan with company match (after service requirement)
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Computer and cell phone plan discounts
- Supplemental Plans available: Disability, Life Insurance, Legal & Identity Protection
- Bonus Pay
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
*In applying for this job and providing your phone number, you are authorizing the Sheehan Family Companies to contact you via text message for recruiting purposes. You may opt out of text messaging at any time.
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898