Beer Delivery Helper/ CDL Trainee
Beechwood Sales and Service is a family owned and operated beer distribution company located near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We represent the world’s best breweries including Anheuser-Busch, Diageo-Guinness, Sierra Nevada, New Glarus, and more. We are proud of our high level of service and commitment to our employees, which has earned us several recognitions as a Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. We offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, and opportunities for growth and development within our organization.
This is an exciting career opportunity as a Full-Time Delivery Helper/Driver Trainee in our operations department. We will provide you valuable knowledge and experience in the beverage industry and be trained only by the best. This is also a great opportunity for training and development into a Non-CDL or CDL delivery driver position. All training and attainment expenses toward obtaining your CDL are company paid. We are looking for an energetic individual with a strong work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility to join and contribute to our team.
The pay range for this position starts at $18- $20/hour, based on experience. The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, early first shift start.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Delivery Drivers with deliveries to our retail accounts in the Greater Milwaukee to Great Madison and surrounding areas
- Physically unload and load product on and off our trailers
- Physically unload and help deliver product to our customers
- Prepare our trucks for current and future stops, restocking of deliveries, and rotating product in our retail accounts
- Maintain courteous and pleasant attitude toward customers and coworkers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Critical Physical Demands:
- Use of hand and foot controls for driving
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis.
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck and/or cart loaded with up to 165 pounds on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
What We Are Looking For:
- Enthusiastic, high energy, and self-motivated individual with a desire to succeed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have strong attention to detail, communicate effectively, and strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- High School Diploma or GED required
Why Join Us?
- Career development with in-house and on-the-job training
- 401K with company match + profit sharing
- PTO + paid holidays
- Platinum-level health coverage including medical, dental and vision insurance with $0 in-network deductible and low premium contributions
- EAP Program with work-life services
- Wellness benefits, tuition assistance, cell phone discounts
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support a diverse and inclusive culture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898