Accounts Receivable Specialist
Beechwood Sales and Service is a family owned and operated beer distribution company located near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We represent the world’s best breweries including Anheuser-Busch, Diageo-Guinness, Sierra Nevada, New Glarus, and more. We are proud of our high level of service and commitment to our employees, which has earned us several recognitions as a Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. We offer an opportunity to work with world-class beer professionals in a vibrant and engaging environment. Beechwood provides industry leading benefits including competitive salaries, outstanding healthcare, a generous retirement package, paid vacation and holidays, career training, and opportunities for growth and development within our organization.
Beechwood Sales & Service is hiring an Accounts Receivable Specialist in the Accounting Department. The A/R Specialist will ensure that all accounts receivables are collected in a timely manner and maintain accounts receivable records. The individual will also provide a high level of service to customer, employees, and associates. This is a full time, onsite position located in New Berlin, WI.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare the daily bank deposit
- Open all checks received by mail as needed
- Prepare the A/R cash control sheet
- Run all A/R month end reports
- Communicate with customers about outstanding payments as needed
- Accurately apply and track all supplier credit memos and payments
- Handle A/R adjustments as needed
- Serve as a backup to the Office staff as needed
Essential Job Requirements:
- Accounting background preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, mathematics, or finance preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer systems
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
Why Join Us?
- Career development with in-house and on-the-job training
- 401K with company match + profit sharing
- PTO + paid holidays
- Platinum-level health coverage including medical, dental and vision insurance with $0 in-network deductible and low premium contributions
- EAP Program with work-life services
- Wellness benefits, tuition assistance, cell phone discounts
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support a diverse and inclusive culture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898