Beer Sales Trainee (On-Premise)
Beechwood Sales and Service is a family owned and operated beer distribution company located near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We represent the world’s best breweries including Anheuser-Busch, Diageo-Guinness, Sierra Nevada, New Glarus, and more. We are proud of our high level of service and commitment to our employees, which has earned us several recognitions as a Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. We offer an opportunity to work with world-class beer professionals in a vibrant and engaging environment. Beechwood provides industry leading benefits including competitive salaries, outstanding healthcare, a generous retirement package, paid vacation and holidays, career training, and opportunities for growth and development within our organization.
Beechwood Sales & Service is hiring a Full-Time Sales Trainee for our On-Premise Sales Team. This position is an entry level, hands on role which will provide valuable experience and knowledge in the beverage and distribution industry. Sales Trainees will learn the essential skills to become a Sales Representative, providing coverage to routes when necessary.
We are looking for hardworking, motivated individuals with a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to join and contribute to our team. We like to consider ourselves as the "beer half-full" kind of people. Apply today to learn more!
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations and promote the goodwill of the company
- Ongoing staff support for sale, distribution, and placement of all Beechwood products
- Proper merchandising of accounts with permanent and paper POS (Point of Sale)
- Handle customer inquiries regarding credit, delivery, product information and other inquiries as they arise
- Effective accounts receivable collections within corporate credit policy
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Support promotions in accounts as directed by Area Sales Manager
- Assist in developing new accounts and new placements
- Execute monthly goals as related to respective business activities
- Other duties as assigned
Critical Physical Demands:
- Use of hand and foot controls for driving
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis.
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck and/or cart on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, adding machine
- Sales Rep day in the life video
What We Are Looking For:
- Sales and customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, high energy, and self-motivated individual with a desire to succeed
- Superior organization skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of legal requirements regarding the sale and the delivery of alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of Beechwood’s beer portfolio
- Must be able to lift, move and place cases of product weighing up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred emphasis in a business or marketing related field or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Why Join Us?
- Career development with in-house and on-the-job training
- 401K with company match + profit sharing
- PTO + paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Platinum-level health coverage including medical, dental and vision insurance with $0 in-network deductible and low premium contributions
- EAP Program with work-life services
- Wellness benefits, tuition assistance, cell phone discounts
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support a diverse and inclusive culture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898