Beer Sales Merchandiser
At T.J. Sheehan Distributing, we believe in doing right by our employees, suppliers, customers, and communities. We believe hard work delivers results. And we believe these values are why our network of distributors, the Sheehan Family Companies, has been in business for over 125 years. Here you’ll work with a team that’s rooting for you to succeed and empowering you to reach your full potential. We’re looking for hardworking, motivated, and good-humored individuals to join our close-knit team and help us grow our business.
Get your start in the beer business!
Our Merchandisers play a very important role at TJ Sheehan. After the beer is sold and delivered to our customer accounts, our Merchandisers stock, rotate, and properly display our products in the accounts- ensuring the end consumer can easily shop and enjoy our products. Working as a Merchandiser at TJ Sheehan you can expect to work hard in an independent setting and be held accountable for achieving your goals. Successful team members in this role will develop the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to become a Sales Representative.
Click here to find out what it's like to work as a Merchandiser!
*This position will cover the Rochester/west side of Rochester area territory.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure that all product is rotated and code policy is followed
- Ensure that all products are properly displayed according to Company standards
- Install and maintain permanent and paper Point Of Sale material
- Organize and execute floor displays and placement of window neons and banners at all accounts
- Organize and execute cooler resets according to Company standards
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed:
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Previous experience working in retail
- Ability to fulfill physical demands of the job
- Excellent oral, written and open communications skills
- Must have flexibility with schedule as days can vary
- Valid driver's license with active auto insurance
- Ability and willingness to work independently
Why join us?
- Competitive annual salary, ranging from $35,360 - $39,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance - $0 in-network deductible, low premium contribution
- Paid Time Off - accrued from day 1
- Employee Well-being Program
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401k Savings Plan with company match
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Computer and cell phone plan discounts
- Supplemental Plans available: Disability, Life Insurance, Legal & Identity Protection.
Our employment package provides a top shelf combination that’s difficult to find elsewhere, including competitive pay, platinum-level health insurance, tuition reimbursement, a matched 401K, and so much more.
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
*In applying for this job and providing your phone number, you are authorizing the Sheehan Family Companies to contact you via text message for recruiting purposes. You may opt out of text messaging at any time.
TJ Sheehan is a proud Anheuser-Busch distributor offering an unmatched product portfolio of domestic, import and craft beers, ciders, artisanal wines, spirits, non-alcoholic beverages and more to our customers across Central and Western New York.
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898