On Premise Beer Sales Representative
Union Beer Distributors is representative of the market in which we operate. Energetic, dynamic, diverse, competitive and growing. We are looking for entry-level candidates to develop themselves professionally in this marketplace by demonstrating a high capacity to learn and take on new, difficult challenges.
At Union Beer Distributors, we believe in doing right by our employees, suppliers, customers, and communities. We believe hard work delivers results. And we believe these values are why our network of distributors, the Sheehan Family Companies, has been in business for over 125 years; marketing and selling the highest quality beer, spirits and non-alcoholic beverages across the United States with dominant operations throughout the Northeastern United States. Here you’ll work with a team that places unparalleled value on the strong relationship we have with our colleagues and customers. We’re looking for hardworking, motivated, and good-humored individuals to join our close-knit team and help us grow our business.
Union Beer Distributors is currently looking for an entry-level Sales Representative to sell, promote and grow our ever-expanding portfolio in the world's most fast-paced, competitive, and demanding market -- Queens. Hired candidates will be responsible for developing relationships with new and existing On-Premise customers throughout their assigned geography and leveraging those relationships to increase sales and distribution of our products.
This position will cover the territory in Queens.
Click here to find out what it's like to work as a Sales Rep!
- Establish and maintain a regular weekly schedule of account appointments within the assigned territory
- Develop rapport with assigned customer base and promote the goodwill of the company
- Study our world-class brands and represent them in market
- Grow brand presence within our existing bar, restaurant and hospitality account base
- Develop new accounts and new distribution
- Conduct promotions in accounts regularly or when required
- Proper merchandising of accounts with permanent and paper POS
- Execute monthly and quarterly goals as related to business activities
- Effective collection of Accounts Receivable according to State Law
- Handle customer inquiries regarding credit, delivery, product information and other questions as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed:
- Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Hospitality Management experience is a plus
- Intermediate experience with technology specifically Microsoft and Google Suites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Ability to obtain solicitors permit
Why join us?
*Total compensation ranges between $50,000 to $75,000*
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance - $0 in-network deductible, better-than-average premium contribution
- Paid Time Off & 11 Federal Holidays
- 401k Savings Plan with Company Match
- Growth & Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Personal technology and cell phone plan discounts
- Supplemental Plans available: Disability, Life Insurance, Legal & Identity Protection
Our employment package provides a top shelf combination that’s difficult to find elsewhere, including competitive pay, platinum-level health insurance, tuition reimbursement, a matched 401K, and so much more.
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
*In applying for this job and providing your phone number, you are authorizing the Sheehan Family Companies to contact you via text message for recruiting purposes. You may opt out of text messaging at any time.
Union Beer Distributors, a division of the Sheehan Family Companies, is a beverage distribution company with facilities in Brooklyn, New York and Secaucus, New Jersey. Union Beer’s service area encompasses New York City’s five boroughs and Long Island. Customers are offered an extensive portfolio of world class beer, cider, kombucha, wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages. The company is committed to providing the highest level of service in the industry via its expert sales consultation and best in class order fulfillment capabilities. Union Beer proudly supports its local communities through charitable giving and outreach.
To learn more visit www.unionbeerdist.com
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898