On Premise Sales Representative
At Union Beer Distributing, we believe in doing right by our employees, suppliers, customers, and communities. We believe hard work delivers results. And we believe these values are why our network of distributors, the Sheehan Family Companies, has been in business for over 125 years. Here you’ll work with a team that’s rooting for you to succeed and empowering you to reach your full potential. We’re looking for hardworking, motivated, and good-humored individuals to join our close-knit team and help us grow our business.
Union Beer Distributors is currently looking for an Beers Sales Representative to sell, promote and grow our ever-expanding portfolio in the world's most fast-paced, competitive, and demanding market in Long Island. We are selling world-class craft, import, and domestic beers. This Candidate will be responsible for calling on an assigned account base to merchandise our inventory throughout the Long Island region as well as assist in sales calls and take part in other company initiatives. This individual will also develop the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to become a Sales Representative.
Click here to find out what it's like to work as a Sales Rep!
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,700 per year
What you will be doing:
- Learning and becoming the expert with Union Beer's portfolio
- Develop a rapport with an assigned customer base and promote the goodwill of the company
- Ensure that all product is properly rotated, and code policy is followed
- Proper merchandising of accounts with permanent and paper POS
- Conduct promotions in accounts regularly or when required
- Organize and execute floor displays and placement of window neon's and banners at all accounts
- Execute monthly goals as related to business activities
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in the assigned area
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed:
- Good-humored team player, that is eager, and motivated to succeed and grow
- Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Intermediate experience with technology specifically with Microsoft Suite, and ability to learn new applications
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to obtain solicitors permit
- Knowledge of Suffolk and Nassau County, and or living in the territory (highly preferred)
- Valid and clean driver's license with active auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to work independently
Why join us?
*Total compensation ranges between $50,000 to $75,000*
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance - $0 in-network deductible, better-than-average premium contribution
- Paid time off & holidays
- 401k Savings Plan with company match
- Growth & development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Personal technology and cell phone plan discounts
- Supplemental Plans available: Disability, Life Insurance, Legal & Identity Protection
Our employment package provides a top shelf combination that’s difficult to find elsewhere, including competitive pay, platinum-level health insurance, tuition reimbursement, a matched 401K, and so much more.
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
*In applying for this job and providing your phone number, you are authorizing the Sheehan Family Companies to contact you via text message for recruiting purposes. You may opt out of text messaging at any time.
Union Beer Distributors, a division of the Sheehan Family Companies, is a beverage distribution company with facilities in Brooklyn, New York and Secaucus, New Jersey. Union Beer’s service area encompasses New York City’s five boroughs and Long Island. Customers are offered an extensive portfolio of world class beer, cider, kombucha, wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages. The company is committed to providing the highest level of service in the industry via its expert sales consultation and best in class order fulfillment capabilities. Union Beer proudly supports its local communities through charitable giving and outreach.
To learn more visit www.unionbeerdist.com
A Tradition of Excellence Since 1898