- Regular Full-Time
- Corporate- Operations
The buyer’s primary role is to ensure that goods ordered from suppliers are delivered into our distribution centers in a timely and accurate manner to support sales and order fulfillment goals. This role involves significant interaction with Sales, Warehouse Operations, and Suppliers.
- Analyze forecast data and work with Sales to develop appropriate inventory plans and execute purchase orders to support those plans.
- Follow procure-to-pay process cycle.
- Prepare purchase orders in accordance with all BBG policies and audit requirements.
- Work with appropriate departments to resolve any issues or errors which affect receiving or supplier payment.
- File and follow-up on all claims with suppliers and/or carriers.
- Manage all aspects of transportation and delivery for goods which are not delivered by supplier.
- Review and analyze monthly inventory changes (both physical cases and value) by supplier and provide general reporting of inventory conditions including aging, unsaleable, cycle count adjustments, etc.
- Maintain and support all purchasing data and reports in our ERP system and other integrated support systems. Perform necessary item maintenance to ensure reliable performance of MRP reporting.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in purchasing or related field
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- APICS Professional Certification
- Knowledge of Beverage Alcohol industry
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- May help coordinate the work of junior members of the team.
- Resolves issues which are often varied and non-routine. Undertakes analysis and investigation to solve issues.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations