Trade Development Analyst
Trade Development Analyst
- Regular Full-Time
The Trade Development Analyst leverages data to produce and drive actionable information and market intelligence for the business. Masters and supports the 5 Core Competencies: business planning, performance evaluation, product and inventory management, pricing and revenue management, demand planning/ forecasting/ budgeting. Responsible for embracing and developing behaviors consistent with BBG’s Trade Development mission. Must always adhere to the established business rules. Must embrace and support BBG’s Reliability Model. Serves as the local market expert on customers, brands, key sales drivers, trends and market dynamics.
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations by effectively communicating results to leaders.
- Identify supplier growth, innovation, and competitive opportunities to drive market share, revenue, and profit through analytics.
- Facilitate the production of actionable channel and brand information for the market
- Deliver supplier and customer-based insights from a mixture of internal, syndicated, and other industry relevant data to deliver recommendations and actionable solutions.
- Execute uniformity and standardization on how we measure our performance with our key supplier partners and customers utilizing analytics & insights as the focal point of the conversation.
- Support standardization of reporting across assigned portfolio.
- Assist in developing key initiative metrics and target accounts as needed
- Provide channel performance assessment and appropriate tracking documents for key initiatives
- Prepare quarterly market update for key accounts
- Support the development of monthly and quarterly sales meeting content
- Capture, analyze and deliver survey data
- Assist in preparation with Trade Development/VP for all Quarterly Business Reviews, “Top to Top” decks, and business reviews to include various ad hoc requests
- Responsible for set up, communication, and report preparation in monthly business planning process
- Research and anticipate analytical market needs including competitive analysis and GAP analysis
- Lead ad-hoc strategic projects and analyses. Translate business inquiries into actionable reports. Prepare written analysis and present findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business analytics, business planning and/or market research
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Complex analytic and reporting skills
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills, thinking critically, both quantitively and qualitatively
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- Proficiency in Excel and other analytical system tools/databases (e.g., SAP WEBI/BOBJ, PowerBI, Connected Excel, TABS Analytics, Nielsen, etc.)
- Proficiency leveraging syndicated (Nielsen, IRI, etc.), consumer, shopper research and/or category management data
- Sales or Marketing experience with major CPG company
- Able to handle large chunks of data from multiple sources
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Accountable for results which impact the department.
- Selects best option from a set of defined procedures/ solutions using common sense and experience of similar situations.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations