Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
- Regular Full-Time
This position supports the financial planning and analysis team by performing key financial analysis and providing budget support.
- Assist in activities like monthly forecasting and the annual expense budgeting process or other financial processes.
- Conduct business case and financial modeling.
- Lead monthly financial reviews for various company vice presidents and department managers.
- Support all sales managers and/or brand managers in the preparation, reporting, analysis and understanding of their spending of internal banks (actual vs. committed) and other financial related activities.
- Perform variance analysis across consolidated beverage group including critical analysis of trends, variances, and key metrics with an eye towards improvement.
- Partner with corporate accounting team and provide regular feedback to ensure proper classification of financials.
- Compile and analyze various detailed trackers for finance area.
- Lead financial review for monthly and year-end close activities by coordinating workflow and meeting deadlines. Final review with the Director of Finance required.
- Prepare technical documentation such as user manuals for new and revised accounting transactions.
- Generate and submit state gallonage tax reports. Analyze and correct gallonage tax issues as needed in preparation of report.
- Clear variances in goods receipts and invoice receipts in SAP. Work with purchasing team and corporate AP to resolve vendor invoice issues.
- Assist in training and mentoring financial analyst on best financial practices.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information or any other tasks assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance or accounting
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills
- Utilize sound judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- Master’s degree in finance or accounting
- Financial modeling experience
- Experience with ERP accounting system such as SAP
- Past professional accounting experience a plus, CPA preferred
- Skills in using advanced financial reporting and budgeting tool such as Oracle
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- May help coordinate the work of junior members of the team
- Resolves issues which are often varied and non-routine
- Undertakes analysis and investigation to solve issues.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations