- Regular Full-Time
The Accountant applies principals of accounting to analyze financial information, prepare monthly journal entries, and reconciliations. The position will serve as centralized accounting liaison to assigned operating units and strive to be good business partner to local finance teams. Must be open to continual reviews around process improvement and operational efficiency. Must be comfortable with effectively communicating with team members and business partners in the field.
- Provide functional expertise and management of financial business services (Including accounts payable, payroll and data management, strategic sourcing and future functions to be added to BBG’s business services platform).
- Provide guidance on financial decisions by establishing and enforcing accounting policies, including both external and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local market requirements by understanding current and potential changes to financial regulations.
- Support month- and year-end close processes in a centralized environment.
- Prepare and publish financial statements
- Post journal entries
- Review operational activities
- Communicate with local and central finance teams
- Resolve any general issues that arise during close
- Perform account reconciliations for assigned operating units using Blackline by the designated due date. Reconciliations should be thoroughly completed according to company standards and resolution for open items identified and properly documented.
- Participate in audits by providing timely responses to audit inquiries from external audit partners, the bank or other auditing parties.
- Assist Accounting Manager and Senior Accountants as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting or finance depending on area of accounting, 4 years preferred
- Proficient experience in utilizing PC based software and relational database structures to access information to create analytical reports. Advanced knowledge and understanding of MS Excel are required
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills; Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- Experience in a centralized accounting environment with G/L responsibilities is preferred
- SAP or similar ERP software and Blackline experience a plus
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Frequent hand motion with answering and dialing phones, computer work
- Occasional immediate reaching and overhead reaching to perform various duties
- Occasional standing for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Occasional walking for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Extended sitting for long periods of time at desk or workstation
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations