- Regular Full-Time
Lead delivery operations for multiple locations. Based in Tampa, Florida but will require travel across North and Central Florida as needed. Responsible for ensuring products are delivered in a safe and efficient manner to all customers. Responsible for development of associates and leaders as well as effective communication with all levels of the organization.
Assist with the overall management of delivery staff. This individual must have the ability to effectively manage the daily operations of the Delivery Department.
- General manager administration including, but not limited to, workers compensation, new hire interviewing, conducting training for efficiencies and overall safety culture, etc.
- Administer proper discipline when necessary.
- Maintain drivers’ attendance records, sick days, vacation, etc.
- Maintain and update payroll utilizing timekeeping software.
- Effectively manage all aspects of the delivery department.
- Monitor delivery fleet using Mobil Cast.
- Responsible for DOT compliance including DOT safety requirements and DOT drug screening.
- Respond to all inquiries and complaints concerning all aspects of the delivery process.
- Ensures that team maintains a positive customer experience:
- Positively responding to customer inquiries, complaints and resolving delivery concerns in accordance with customer requirements
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in related area
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- 1-3 years of management/supervisory experience
- Able to interpret and apply union contracts
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Occasional carrying and lifting of 20 pounds to perform various duties as assigned
- Occasional immediate reaching to perform various duties as assigned
- Minimal overhead reaching to perform various duties as assigned
- Occasional standing and walking for short amounts of time to perform various duties
- Extended sitting for long periods of time at desk or workstation
- Minimal squatting or bending to perform various office duties as assigned
- May help coordinate the work of junior members of the team.
- Resolves issues which are often varied and non-routine. Undertakes analysis and investigation to solve issues.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations