Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator
- Regular Full-Time
- Corporate- Other
We are experts in the beer, wine, and spirits industry looking for individuals to join our safety-minded, family-based culture. If you are looking for a warehouse career with a Company that lives their values everyday with the goal of having their associates feel supported, engaged, and empowered, then come join our winning team.
Salary and Benefit Statement:
Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Compensation: $32-36/hr
Under general supervision, performs a wide range of Human Resource functions including but not limited to recruiting, new-hire onboarding, workers compensation, leave of absences, and general correspondence. Responsible for the overall day to day functions of the H.R. department in the Richmond office.
The overall responsibilities also include preparation of routine announcements and memos. Provides assistance to the Vice President and HR team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned or requested:
- Posts job openings both internally and externally for warehouse and support functions.
- Screen candidates, coordinate interviews, and partners with the Human Resources Business Partner to send out offer letters and provide status updates to candidates.
- Partners with department managers and supervisors to recruit and onboard temporary and seasonal workers.
- Under direct supervision, administers the use of third party agencies
New Hire On-Boarding
- Partners with the recruiting team to conduct new hire orientation and safety training for warehouse and support function new hires in Richmond and Commerce.
- Partners with Human Resources Manager to draft and communicate new hire announcements on a weekly basis
Leave of Absences
- Manages Leave of Absences for the Richmond office, including being a liaison between the employee, the manager(s), payroll, and IT
- Accurate tracking of all Leave of Absences for the Richmond office and staying compliant with notices and medical certification requests
- Manage accommodations and return to work processes for Richmond
- Handles all Workers Compensation claims for the Richmond facility in a timely manner
- Sends authorizations to the licensed clinic for employee evaluations and reviews results daily
- Acts as main contact for employees, managers, and insurance companies for Richmond claims
- Partners with HR Manager to train Richmond management on proper procedures
- Provides basic guidance to employees and managers related to policy, procedure, PayCom, and benefits.
- Partners with Human Resources Manager for more complex employee relations issues.
- Partners with Human Resources Manager to ensure compliance in the Richmond office, including, but not limited to, time & attendance, poster compliance, and legal updates.
- Under direction of the Human Resources Manager, leads the safety program for the Richmond office, including, but not limited to, safety training, safety checklists, and ordering safety supplies.
- Partners with the Benefits Manager to collect enrollment forms and coordinate Open Enrollment meetings for the Richmond Office.
- Prepares and communicates company quarterly newsletters
- Partners with the Human Resources Business Partner on recognition programs.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Manager to support the exiting process for employees in the Richmond office.
- Create and communicate employee movement announcements.
- Other Ad Hoc projects as assigned
- Minimum three 2-3 years’ experience in Human Resources, emphasis on HR Operations and/or recruiting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Intermediate to Advance level in Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – flexible, understanding, and discrete in compiling confidential and sensitive information.
- Command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient in writing and/or editing business correspondence
- Ability to effectively coordinate projects with a diversity of individuals at all organizational level
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
The company has recently developed a list of success factors and core competencies for its human resource function. The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
Communication Skills: Interact with people openly and directly, listen and proactively share information. Must be comfortable communicating with both e-mail and voice mail, but understands when to have a conversation person to person
Integrity: The ability to always do the right thing and respect everyone you meet on the job
Maturity: demonstrates the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Demonstrates resilience and composure in trying circumstances
Responsibility and Accountability: Own your own actions, even when you fall short of expectations. Be accountable
Results Orientation: Someone who focuses on results and coveys a sense of urgency
Team Work: Deliver on your commitments to the team and help others
The employee must be able to walk, climb stairs, bend, reach, and lift if necessary, up to 25 pounds. To successfully perform the essential job functions, an employee must meet the physical demands required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
Individual may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required when filing documents or storing materials through the work day.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations