Lead Warehouse Worker
Lead Warehouse Worker
- Regular Full-Time
The Lead Warehouse Worker – Day Shift will assist day shift supervisors and associates with successfully shipping and receiving product and achieving target KPI’s for their area. Will be expected to cross train and be able to utilize all necessary equipment to get the job done.
The Lead Warehouse Worker – Night Shift will assist night shift supervisors and associates with successfully shipping product and achieving target KPI’s for their area. Will be expected to cross train and be able to utilize all necessary equipment to get the job done.
Oversees warehouse and/or shipping and receiving areas to ensure accuracy and safety according to defined procedures and processes.
- Follows company instructions, guidelines, and procedures, and checks to verify amount of product that are received and shipped against appropriate paperwork. Monitors codes and dates and utilizes the oldest product first.
- Completed audits related to safety, inventory verification, and documentation. Trains and coaches associates on proper documentation.
Prepares warehouse shipping and receiving tasks as needed such as unloading, loading, staging, shipping, and receiving.
- Operates equipment such as a non-CDL truck or forklift to move product as needed.
- Operates more complex systems in either the warehouse or shipping and receiving areas.
Assist Warehouse Management with
- Training of new hires and less experienced team members
- Champion new training rolled out by management and Breakthru
- Communication of team objectives
- Help promote associate engagement
- Troubleshooting issues in the warehouse
Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a warehouse role
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- Ability to lift cases 45-65lbs which is the average weight on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Frequently sit, stand, bend, squat, and reach.
- Occasionally climb.
- Regularly lift 45-65 lbs.
- Occasionally lift, up to 160 lbs.
- Must talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate a equipment and tech device.
- Accountable for results which impact the department.
- Selects best option from a set of defined procedures/ solutions using common sense and experience of similar situations.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations