Vice President, Sales
Vice President, Sales
- Regular Full-Time
The Vice President of Sales In Reno, Nevada plans, organizes, directs, and controls the execution of Supplier and BBG programs in collaboration and partnership with the EVP, supplier sales and trade marketing teams. Manage local team to maximize sales, field-marketing opportunities & deliver financial objectives in market. Ensure in-market sales organization has capabilities to respond to emerging business needs and strategic requirements. Continuously develop In-market Team capabilities.
- Ensures full alignment with strategy/mission set by EVP and drives local activities that maximize performance/execution to achieve supplier goals. Works in partnership, collaboration and regularly communicates with internal (local level) and external (Supplier) senior sales leadership teams to develop the company’s strategic initiatives, tactical plans for implementation of such strategic initiatives, and communication to the Sales organization.
- Provides leadership to sales organizations by guiding and influencing direct reports to follow the directives necessary to accomplish company objectives, measuring, evaluating through reports, work-withs and program implementations to maximize sales, field-marketing opportunities & deliver financial objectives in market.
- Ensure that BBG Values and Ways of Working are embedded in sales organization.
- Understands P&L to provide financial suggestions and support to EVP to achieve overall market financial objectives.
- Enhances Sales efforts and customer focus by maintaining personal contact with visible/high volume key accounts to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales, controlling the selling and merchandising capabilities of On Premise and Off Premise vs. competitive wholesalers and consistently evaluating sales territories to ensure the optimal account assignment.
- Effectively manages sales expenses and achieves budgeted sales objectives.
- Maintains Organizational Integrity by maintaining product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Exhibits sound Judgment and Decision Making by arriving at sound and beneficial decisions in careful consideration of the goals and needs of company and supplier
- Develops sound employee relationships by exhibiting respect, trust and honesty with all associates, providing information, educational opportunities and growth opportunities and evaluating Bench strengths
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Achieves goals and projects by constantly testing/pushing members of the team to leave their comfort zone.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales and sales management
- Ability to hold a solicitor’s permit.
- Advanced PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Must be results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Relevant cross-functional experience (finance, operations, IT, HR, project management, etc.)
- Sales Management experience with major supplier, distributor or consumer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- The ability to lead, coach and advise while maintaining company and individual objectives in a clear and concise manner both written and verbal.
- Maintain constant strategic analytical ability.
- Ability to maximize results from subordinates while maintaining employee relations. Stay up-to-date on market trends and competitive activity.
- The needs to possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess key product and category knowledge.
- Extremely organized and well versed in all situations. Maintaining knowledge of all departments within company. Timely execution of responsibilities and decision-making are important traits for the position.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meets deadlines.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations