Manager, Chain Accounts
Manager, Chain Accounts
- Regular Full-Time
Responsible for maximizing the sales and marketing of supplier brands in chain account base through the building of strong relationships with key decision makers and effective planning, selling, merchandising and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- Maintains chain accounts, by effectively sustaining relationships with buyer(s), communicating marketing plans, presenting new products, display programs and merchandising concepts, delivering accurate monthly pricing in an effort to reflect the recommended retail prices and conducting business reviews as prescribed by management.
- Determines specific needs of chain by analyzing account sales data, IRI and Nielsen scan data, Spectra demographic data and any chain proprietary classifications as well as surveying for opportunities. - Establishes merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for chain by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier.
- Supports sales representatives as a training and information resource by presenting and sharing chain(s) program commitments, account trends and brand knowledge.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to chain buyer(s) by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs.
- Understands company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
- Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands in chain(s) account base by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within the chain by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work-with sales calls.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant sales experience
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
- A sound understanding of wine and spirits is required
- Strong computer, customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team; pays attention to detail and meets deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems including presentation software
- Supervisory experience
- Relevant cross-functional experience (finance, operations, IT, HR, project management, etc.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- May help coordinate the work of junior members of the team.
- Resolves issues which are often varied and non-routine. Undertakes analysis and investigation to solve issues.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations