- US-PA-North Wales
- Regular Full-Time
The Category Manager will lead the implementation of category management strategies, plans and programs with key accounts. Create computer generated shelf schematics for new and existing retail outlets. Analyze brand trends for the use of creation of shelf schematics.
- Develop and present Beer, Spirits, and Wine schematics to Key Independent and Chains accounts.
- Analyze brand trends for the use of creation of shelf schematics
- Create computer generated shelf schematics for new and existing businesses including, Floor layouts, Endcaps, Shelf segments, Cold space, Proposed test concepts, Total Store planograms.
- Participate in benchmark planogram validation.
- Curate and deliver consumer and shopper insights to support recommendations.
- Identify challenges and opportunities and then propose recommendations to the customer that will improve category sales and performance.
- Engage with Sales Teams to identify Brand/Category opportunities within accounts.
- Assist on sales calls for new and existing accounts to help create category development proposals.
- Work with key independent and chain retailers to determine brand/category opportunities and develop action strategies that align with retailer’s overall strategy, while also aligning with suppliers’ objectives.
- Maintain data information sources which align with category management output processes.
- Own all category analytics and supporting resources
- Analyze Sales Scan Data, Nielsen/IRI Data, NABCA, consumer panel and depletion data.
- Evaluate category and segment performance using scorecards, assortment analysis tools, pricing analysis reports and post promotion analysis.
- Maintain key reference files, Master store lists, Item lists, Authorizations, Store clusters.
- Partner with regional category leadership to establish space planning libraries and ways of working.
- Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol and/or CPG industry
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in in Category Management role in the CPG industry Experience using Syndicated and Retail POS (i.e. Nielsen, IRI, etc.), and Depletion data
- Expert PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software
- Systems expertise in Excel, Access or Power Pivot, PowerBI and JDA/Prospace
- Must be a results-oriented professional with verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Analytic and Reporting skills
- Utilize sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume, team environment
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Resolves issues which are often varied and non-routine. Undertakes analysis and investigation to solve issues.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description.
Need help finding the right job?
Delivering Excellence for Generations