Line Cook - Perrin Brewing
This position is responsible for assisting the Chefs and/or Prep Cooks with any combination of duties to prepare customer menu items and to maintain the kitchen work areas in clean and organized condition ensuring smooth operation of the kitchen.
Full Time Benefits Include
- 100% Employer PAID Insurance (for employee only)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee + Spouse, Children, or Family coverage available at additional cost
- Health Savings Account
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 4% (Roth optional)
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Anniversary Recognition Program
- Employee beer, merchandise, and food discounts
- Prepares all menu items for guest's consumption with strict adherence to menu item recipes, specs and menu integrity while meeting all preparation standards and expectations.
- Supports brand by rigidly protecting food quality and presentation standards.
- Sets up and stocks station fully at start of shift.
- Stocks ingredients in station at all times.
- Determines that all items have been prepared to proper temperature.
- Manages temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Manages and maintains cleanliness and condition of all kitchen equipment.
- Supports and assists management and other line cooks during high volume business levels.
- Coordinatesproper timing of all menu items preparation with other line cooks while communicating with front line expeditor.
- Manages timing of food preparation for respective pantry, pizza, grill or fry stations.
- Assists in stocking of the cook line, freezers, coolers and shelves.
- Thoroughly cleans station and changes out of all pans and restock at end of shift.
- Completes assigned janitorial tasks at end of shift.
- Demonstrates teamwork while working respectfully with all team members.
- Communicates clearly while demonstrating willingness to help all team members.
- Provides safe workplace environment for all staff members.
- Provides harassment free workplace of all staff members.
- Protects consumer health with strict adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling mandates and practices
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of food items, culinary terms, kitchen equipment usage and knife safety.
- Skill in interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work all days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to learn basic cooking skills, safety and sanitation skills..
- Ability to work quickly, independently, and as a part of team
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10 - 50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Chef on Duty
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: None
Minimum Experience: 1 Year Preferred
Age Requirement: 18 years or older
Required Travel: N/A
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Kitchen Equipment, Knives
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE