Market Manager - Houston TX
This position is responsible for the sales and distribution growth of the CANarchy portfolio, focused on CANarchy team management, distributor relationships and retail execution.
Full Time Benefits Include
- 100% Employer PAID Insurance (for employee only)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee + Spouse, Children or Family coverage available at additional cost
- Health Savings Account
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 4% (Roth optional)
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Anniversary Recognition Program
- Employee beer, merchandise, and food discounts
- Accountable for the sales and distribution growth of the CANarchy portfolio in the assigned market.
- Maintains distributor management and communication throughout all levels of the wholesaler organization to generate consistent focus and effort in growing the CANarchy portfolio.
- Oversees and ensures distributor inventory levels, working with CANarchy Beer Orders team and distributor purchasing managers.
- Provides account management, planning and execution in chain & key accounts within the assigned territory.
- Ensures development of productive business relationships in the assigned account base that drive results.
- Collaborates with the Regional Sales Director on the development and execution of the Annual Business plan for assigned distributors and an overall strategic sales plan for the assigned territory to increase and build CANarchy business.
- Provides day to day management and training/accountability of all CANarchy sales reps within the territory.
- Maintains regular and frequent communication with the Regional Sales Director & Sales Management team regarding strategy, sales data, and overall market performance.
- Participates in Territory Sales Rep development and training.
- Updates Regional Sales Director on current and up to date market level information.
- Travels within assigned territory.
- Remains in consistent communication with chain managers communicating pricing, distribution, program execution and other key measurements.
- Leads team execution of marketing programs in defined territory.
- Enters daily market activity and weekly recap in Customer Relations Management software.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the 3-tier system with the ability to balance between the demands of wholesaler management and retail execution.
- Knowledge of the craft beer and the beer industry.
- Knowledge of VIP, Armadillo, Lilypad and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of business/beer math.
- Skill in distributor inventory management.
- Skill in multi-tasking and being a self-starter with a strong desire and ability to execute and win.
- Skill in attention to detail and ability to complete tasks on time and independently.
- Skill in reliability and consistent, strong work ethic.
- Skill in verbal and written communication and presentation.
- Ability to pre-plan on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and consistently execute plans in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong desire to grow professionally with the company and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to make responsible decisions in training, developing, and leading a team.
- Leadership abilities required.
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot:
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Regional Sales Director
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Required; Bachelor's Degree Required.
Minimum Experience: 5 Years; Previous beer distributor or supplier experience is preferred.
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: Less than 35%; Must have a reliable vehicle.
Driving Requirements: Yes; Good driving record and personal liability auto insurance required.
Tools & Equipment Used: Standard Office Equipment
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE