Food Truck Manager
This position is responsible for managing the Food Truck and staff - on-site and off-site for festivals, events, and other locations as scheduled.
- Ensure the Food Truck kitchen and food truck(s) are organized, clean, and sanitary at all times.
- Scheduling the Food Truck hours of operation to ensure adequate staffing.
- Provides continuous focus on safety in all tasks, and with the public.
- Represents Oskar Blues Brewery and culture in a positive light when dealing with customers.
- Verifies accuracy of cash and payments, as well as tips reporting.
- Provides a fun, safe, profitable, culturally sound, and awesome taproom environment.
- Ensures excellent customer service.
- Completes administrative tasks such as Docstar (or related A/P system), use of basic Excel, beer orders systems/process, managing inventory; forecasting taproom needs, including staffing.
- Provides inventory reporting, product ordering, weekly accounting, cash reconciliation and banking.
- Provides staff training; culture, food handling knowledge, safety, and related rules of conduct.
- Coordinates, or in some instances conduct, maintenance of Food Truck(s) and related spaces.
- Coordinates and works with internal marketing/sales teams, taproom managers and related vendors when supporting events.
- Evaluates continuously menu offerings, food costs and profitability of the Food Truck operation.
- Responsible for ensuring all local and necessary laws and regulations are maintained.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Work to develop and maintain community relationships, in order to attract and retain customer base.
- Be creative in generating suggestions for new or unique business opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid skills in managing people, managing teams, and customer service.
- Possess good listening skills and be able to follow instructions/directions consistently.
- Knowledge of food safety and food safety regulations is required.
- ServSafe Manager Certified.
- Skills in building teams and recruiting talent is important.
- Ability to think on your feet and make decisions that are in line with the business.
- Ability to be adaptable to changing business needs, offering suggestions to management.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability in scheduling that varies based on needs of the business.
- Ability to be attentive to details, focus on safety, good decision making and sound judgment.
- Ability to be a solid team player.
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. Must have solid situational awareness in dealing with the public.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salaried, starting at $53,000 depending on experience
Supervisor: Taproom General Manager
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required; Bachelors' degree preferred.
Minimum Certification: Servsafe Manager Certification
Minimum Experience: 2+ years food management
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: Locally for food truck festivals and event - 0% - 50%
Driving Requirements: Must have a clean driving record to meet insurability as a driver
Tools & Equipment Used: All kitchen and food truck tools (knives, stove, etc.); cash register, computer; vehicle driving
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE