Bartender - Squatters & Wasatch
This position is responsible for directly serving and interacting with customers and exudes a genuine enjoyment of people.
- Provides friendly and efficient food and beverage service to guests where applicable.
- Communicates any concerns or comments to the manager on duty each shift.
- Uses enthusiastic salesmanship skills in answering customer's questions and making recommendations regarding CANarchy beers and other items.
- Fills alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink orders, either taken directly from patrons at the bar or guests seated at tables and ensures they are served in a timely manner perpetually while guest is on premise.
- Anticipates the customer's needs; frequently checks on customer satisfaction and preferences.
- Accurately uses the Aloha POS to place all food and beverage orders.
- Communicates with taproom and brewery management to ensure that all taproom beer inventory is fully stocked and accounted for accurately in accounting systems.
- Checks identification of customers, to ensure they meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol products.
- Adheres to the state liquor laws and CANarchy's RASP plan to ensure responsible guest consumption.
- Demonstrates leadership and teamwork while working respectfully with all team members.
- Stocks, prepares, and manages freshness and quality of beverage garnishes where applicable.
- Collects payment and operates cash register with accurate cash handling.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of bar while washing glassware, utensils, and refrigerator.
- Maintains an adequate supply of ice, glasses, and other bar supplies.
- Aesthetically maintains arrangement of bottles and glasses on shelves.
- Orders and maintains inventory of draft systems, beer, liquor, mixes, and other bar supplies where applicable.
- Keeps the bar area clean, organized, and presentable to customers and observes occupational health and safety, and security procedures.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Protects consumer health with strict adherence to all safe food handling practices.
- Provide full and timely food service and proper preparation of all food products where applicable.
- Fully stock and maintain retail and packaged beer to-go areas where applicable.
- Protects consumer health with strict adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling mandates and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of all liquor laws and works in compliance with them.
- Skill in use of Aloha POS system.
- Skill in interpersonal communication and enjoys working with people.
- Ability to work all days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently while remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to handle cash quickly and accurately.
- Experience in dealing with difficult customers to resolution
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10 -50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Employment Type: Part-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly, $11/hr
Supervisor: General Manager - Taproom
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
Minimum Certification: Current Alcohol Certification Certificate
Minimum Experience: 1 Year
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: N/A
Driving Requirements: N/A
Tools & Equipment Used: Computer, Beer draught system
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
THE CRAFT BREWERY COLLECTIVE