The Taproom Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our taproom, ensuring exceptional customer service, and driving revenue growth. You will lead a team of bartenders, manage inventory, coordinate events, and support operations. The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership and organizational skills and is comfortable working autonomously, in a fast-paced environment.
Customer Service: Ensure an outstanding customer experience by providing exceptional service to all patrons. Address customer inquiries, feedback, and concerns promptly and professionally. Maintain a welcoming and friendly atmosphere in the taproom. Ability to demonstrate quick and effective problem-solving skills while continually improving taproom proficiency.
Staff Management: Recruit, train, and schedule taproom staff to ensure all shifts are adequately covered. Set performance expectations and provide regular feedback to staff members. Handle staff-related issues, such as conflicts, discipline, and termination when necessary.
Operations Management: Oversee daily taproom operations, including opening and closing procedures and menu management. Monitor inventory levels, order supplies, and perform a full inventory audit once a month. Maintain cleanliness and organization in the taproom, including bar and seating areas. Implement and enforce safety and sanitation protocols.
Event and Food Truck Coordination: Plan and coordinate food trucks, special events and promotions to attract and retain customers.
Marketing: Assist with social media posts, design and event promotion.
Compliance and Licensing: Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and licensing requirements. Ensure all inventory is correctly accounted for in POS system.
Outside Events: Willing to work a minimum of 4 outside events (festivals or tap takeovers) per year.
Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in business management, hospitality, or related field.
- Minimum 2+ years of management experience in the hospitality industry, with a preference for experience in a taproom, brewery, or bar.
- Preferred expertise in draft systems and a strong knowledge of beer.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Proficiency in using social platforms, Microsoft Excel, Word, and POS systems; adept at troubleshooting hardware issues, including POS, TVs, and video game systems.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate a positive, goal-oriented, energetic, inclusive, and supportive work environment.
- Flexibility to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 60 pounds.
- While fulfilling the responsibilities of this position you may encounter conditions such as dampness, wetness, extreme heat or cold, potential physical risks, exposure to hot liquids, pressurized equipment, transfer lines, strong odors, loud noise or music, chemicals, airborne particles, ladders, and moving machinery. The role involves frequent standing, walking, bending, and lifting.
Compensation: This is a full-time, hourly position ($60-$65k/year) with potential for growth.
If you're seeking the excitement of working with a small, dynamic team that thrives on hard work and enjoys having a great time, we enthusiastically invite you to send your resume and share what inspires you about joining Snafu. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to take the next step towards becoming part of our crew!
Snafu Brewing Company