Full Time Brewer
Boomtown Brewery is Hiring!
Position: Full time brewer
Experience: 1+ years working in the production space. Ideally the right person will have a solid technical understanding of how beer is created from start to finish.
Job Title: Full time Brewer
The Brewery: Boomtown Brewery is located at 700 Jackson Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90012. Currently Boomtown produces around 5k bbls and we are in the process of increasing capacity. While most of our production is lager/pilsner focused, we have extensive ale production and 100 bbls of foeder production. Our HQ tasting room and event space is open 7 days a week with nightly programming. We’re excited to be opening a second tasting room and a third in planning.
Expectations: Perform the tasks needed to continue the smooth operation of the brewery in Boomtown. Applicants should have a teamwork attitude, detail oriented, be mindful of time, and have a passion for fermentation.
Requirements: Age 21+ & understanding of fermentation and sanitation. Must be able to lift 60 lbs and lift 35 lbs continuously throughout the day. Reliable and team oriented. This is a physically demanding position that involves getting dirty to get things clean.
Hours: 4 days x 10 hrs; 40 hours total per 7 day period.
Our team: Our production team is as diverse as Los Angeles. Each one of our brewers comes from different work and life backgrounds, but they all share a passion for brewing and an attitude for getting the job done well, safely, and on time. We are excited to find someone who can fit well into our incredible team.
Summary of position:
This position focuses on all aspects of the brewing operation. Activities cover everything from wort production, keg washing, tank CIP, canning, centrifuge, milling in, packaging, PO organizing, team participation, and general cleaning. The qualified candidate will be able to achieve these tasks in an orderly, safe, and effective manner.
- Team oriented partner. We’re a small shop, so teamwork is a must
- Able to work confidently alone and manage time/workload
- Positive attitude in the face of repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in all temperature conditions.
- Lift repeatedly items that are 35 lbs
- Ability to lift, move, and pour items that are 60 lbs
- Detail oriented with a mindset towards sanitation and cleanliness
Benefits and Compensation:
- Joining an established and growing organization with forward career movement
- Competitive wages
- Professional working environment
- Flexible schedule
- Have personal recipes on the taproom board
- Educational opportunities
- Generous beer allowance
Please contact us through email@example.com subject “Brewing Position” with a resume and letter of intent. We look forward to hearing from you!
Full time brewer wanted in Los Angeles