As production brewer, you are responsible for following all established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensuring we consistently turn out quality product. It is expected that you are innovative, keep up with new trendy beer styles, and have an in-depth knowledge of classic styles. This role requires a strong knowledge of the brewing process as well as a thirst for continually re-searching and furthering your knowledge of craft beer production. In addition, all recipes, S.O.P.’s, and brand development during your time at Outlaw Brewing will become the exclusive ownership of Outlaw Brewing. Hourly wage $24/hour to $30/hour D.O.E. with 50% health insurance split after 90 days, 3% matching IRA, and PTO.
· Monitoring the quality, temperature, flavor, and carbonation of our products.
· Working with the other brewer and cellar staff to ensure the correct monitoring, viability, banking, and pitching of yeast.
· Being willing to learn and work in all cellar activities including canning, cleaning, transferring, and filtering of beer.
· Representing the brewery both in our tasting room, during tours, and special events and meetings.
· Ensure that all safety standards are followed.
· Work with the front of the house to ensure their knowledge of existing and new beers.
· Provide leadership to brewery staff through education and training.
· Maintain accurate Standard Operating Procedures. (S.O.P.s) for every critical step in the brewery.
· Research, learn, and implement production time saving techniques.
· Research, learn and implement production improvements and or new equipment/technologies.
· Adjust water profiles to enhance yeast and ensure proper yeast health and efficient fermentations.
· Identify areas of improvement and deficiencies.
· Coordinate with FOH and Management to assist social media presence.
Physical Requirements (percentage of time spent)
Lifting: up to 165 pounds
Carrying: up to 55 pounds
Beer so good, it's criminal