Taproom Lead Beertender
TAPROOM LEAD BEERTENDER
Wilmington Brew Works, a Micro Brewery & taproom in Wilmington, Delaware, is looking for a full-time lead beertender. We’re interested in talking to self-motivated, enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about craft beer, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and willing to wear many hats.
- Providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all of our guests have the best possible experience with Wilmington Brew Works products. Greeting & interacting with our guests. Provide educated ordering guidance and be knowledgeable about the products on tap, the brewery and the building.
- Point person for Alamo Room Events as parties begin and end.
- Practicing proper pouring techniques, in both glasses and growlers.
- Ensuring policies and liquor laws are being followed
- Maintaining cleanliness of taproom, event space and outdoor areas.
- Changing kegs and updating the product availability on menu boards and POS
- Weekly inventory and ordering of taproom consumables, such as snacks, N/A beverages, non-merchandise items. Keeping items stocked for operational ease
- Handling cash and processing transactions through a point of sale system
- Working to properly market the taproom and Wilmington Brew Works beer and cider
- Overseeing the Front of House weekly event schedule.
- Assisting leadership with implementation of SOPs and proactively identifying areas where change is needed
- Assisting leadership with performance evaluations for FOH team
- Assisting leadership with maintaining files
- Other duties as required
- Outgoing personality, excellent communication skills, and the ability to multi-task and remain calm in a bustling environment
- A love for craft beer and a working knowledge of the industry
- 2-3 years experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in alcohol/beverages
- Attention to detail, cleanliness, and ability to work independently
- Math skills necessary to accurately perform calculations and process payment transactions
- Excellent verbal communication and skills
- Flexible schedule including working nights and weekends
- Delaware Alcohol certification required upon hire
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Cicerone Server and/or Certified Cider Professional certifications a plus.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, lift 55 lbs to shoulder height, and manage the transport of 165 lb kegs
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods.
- 32-40 hrs per week
- Shift Work Thursday through Sunday plus additional weekday shifts and admin work.
- $15-$20/hr base pay (commensurate with experience) plus shared tips from pool
- Earned PTO
- Dental, Vision, Life insurance.
- 401K Matching after 1 year
- Beer & Cider Education
- Beer & Cider Benefits
Apply via email to Ryan@Wilmingtonbrewworks.com.
Playfully Pretentious, Easily Enjoyed