Charlotte Taproom/Bar Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Charlotte Taproom/Bar Manager
Lost Worlds Brewing Company
Lost Worlds Brewing Company delivers a unique craft brewery experience. With a focus on archaeology, travel, and adventure – we deliver award-winning craft beer in a museum-like environment with the goal of creating an outpost for those seeking adventure. Based in Cornelius, we are expanding with a new taproom in the Metropolitan in the winter of 2023-24. We need an amazing Taproom Manager to oversee the operations of our new location.
Taproom/Bar Manager Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of our Taproom Manager include, but are not limited to:
· Serve as a brand advocate for the Lost Worlds Brewing Company and assist in setting a culture supportive of the brand and those responsible for delivering the experience.
· Lead a high caliber team to deliver a “best-in-class” memorable experience for every one of guests.
· Oversee all facets of taproom associates including hiring, training, scheduling, managing, supporting, and reinforcing policies and procedures.
· Aid in the continual improvement and adherence to operational policies and procedures
· Participate in leadership and innovation activities to improve LWB’s operational performance and plan for an even more promising future through report creation and participation in improvement activities.
· Act as the chief compliance officer by following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health, safety and legal regulations; and maintaining security systems along with overseeing the responsible serving of alcoholic beverages.
· Oversee the opening and closing of the taproom by yourself or through delegation to key personnel (setting up and closing down cash drawers, ensuring that the taproom is clean and ready for guests, restocking/ordering any necessary supplies, addressing any needs)
· Execute Standard Operating Procedures for reordering, receiving, and maintaining inventory stock levels for merchandise and all beverages to be sold onsite.
· Bring our guest experience model to life and find new ways to delight our guests.
· Update and enhance our beer server training program and lead the onboarding and training of new hires.
· Assist in the creation and implementation of a mixed drink program.
· Manage the event space including activities related to hosting onsite and offsite events.
· Assist in the marketing and promotion of the taproom (including on social media)
· Serve as the representative of the Charlotte location in Lost Worlds Leadership/ Planning Sessions and in meeting with external groups including the Metropolitan.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Successful applicants for this role will possess a positive, can-do attitude and project a zest for life. Ideally, they also…
· Have significant experience working in restaurants/bars managing teams and creating a unique cultural environment
· Possess a passion for continual innovation and are willing to offer ideas and receive feedback
· Experience with POS systems (bonus points for Arryved experience)
· Experience in fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi-task
· Event planning and coordination experience
· Serve as a role model for associates and customers
· Exceptional customer-service skills
· Be willing to roll up their sleeves to serve customers and help fellow associates
· Be present, be passionate, be prepared
· Have a basic knowledge of craft beer styles
· Experience working in a bar environment and serving mixed drinks
· Demonstrate the capability to remain calm and handle challenging and stressful situations
· Be detail focused and fastidious in maintaining a safe, clean, and comfortable workplace
· Be at least 21 years of age with no convictions for alcohol related offenses in the past two years
· Available to work full-time, including nights and weekends.
· Be driven to earn a Cicerone Beer Server Certification and/or SafeServ Certification
Compensation & Benefits:
· Competitive Salary
· Bonuses based upon performance
· Paid Time Off
· Health Care
· Monthly incentive program
Please apply by providing a resume of prior experience and fill out the application on our website www.lostworldsbeer.com.
Lost Worlds Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. We reserve the right to perform background checks and license checks on candidates under consideration.
Find Your Adventure!