JOB TITLE: Accountant
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI (on-site)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: To manage the accounting functions of the brewery and support with general office functions. From bookkeeping to compliance reporting; and supporting the General Manger with numbers/data driven functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace and cultivate the Brewery Nyx inclusive culture and team values: respect, honesty, and support.
- Adhere to and support a safe environment.
- Record entries into accounting software.
- Process AR and AP.
- Process payroll and expense reports.
- Reconcile accounts, bank, cash and inventory in a timely manner.
- Compile and process compliance reports on time.
- Lead YE close, working with Managing Partner and CPA.
- Work with 3rd party auditors.
- Update financials as requested (cash flow, YTD vs Budget, quarterly financials, etc.).
- Run ad hoc reports as requested by management and/or Managing Partner.
- Support GM with data entry and numbers-driven tasks.
- File documents in an organized fashion.
- Execute bank drops.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Small team/start-up/independent attitude.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Well organized.
- Ability to effectively use Excel at an advanced level.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks to completion.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and help others.
- Ability to frequently sit and work on a computer.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 3+ years’ experience with QuickBooks.
- 2+ years with a small business.
- 1+ year experience with payroll processing.
- Experience or working knowledge of alcohol compliance.
Research suggests that over 50% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome. If this could apply to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to the job description – these job descriptions are directional, not exact.
Brewery Nyx is an equal opportunity employer!
Brewery Nyx is a dedicated gluten-free facility.