JOB TITLE: General Manager
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI (on-site)
REPORTS TO: Managing Partner
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Salary Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: To manage the general business of Brewery Nyx as we move into the next stage. Manage and grow sales. Coordinate with Production Manager and manage staff and day-to-day functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Embrace and cultivate the Brewery Nyx inclusive culture and team values: respect, honesty, and support.
· Establish in collaboration, adhere to, and continuously advance a safe environment.
· Develop and manage accounts.
· Manage and support non-production staff.
· Take charge of marketing plan.
· Coordinate weekly staff meetings, communicate goals and progress to staff members.
· Manage inventory, cycle counts and reorders.
· Provide checks and balances for compliance and AP.
· Keep website up-to-date.
· Manage events calendar and staff coverage.
· Understand the brand voice; communicate through all external interactions.
· Manage label process, including updates and registration.
· Manage license renewals.
· Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
· Communicate clearly and timely to Managing Partner.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Small team/start-up/independent attitude.
· Drive to roll up one’s sleeves and take ownership.
· Self-motivated with good time management skills.
· Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
· Aptitude for sales.
· Curiosity and ability to comprehend a new market.
· Ability to lead and appropriately delegate.
· Ability to collaborate; to take direction and develop ideas to fruition.
· Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
· Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
· Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach, listen and talk.
· Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
· 4+ years in management.
· 2+ years in B2B sales.
· 2+ years with a startup.
· Alcohol industry experience.
· Passion for health and wellness.
Research suggests that over 50% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome. If this could apply to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to the job description – these job descriptions are directional, not exact.
Brewery Nyx is an equal opportunity employer!
Brewery Nyx is a dedicated gluten-free facility.