The Brewery Worker performs packaging duties on the bottle, keg, and mobile canning lines. The position will also be required to assist brewery production in tank and facility cleaning and beer finishing.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Load bottles and cans, pull bottles and cans, and pack cases of bottled and canned beer.
- Clean and fill kegs.
- Safely operate forklifts.
- Assist crew with the canning and bottling of beer.
- Assist in brewery cleanup.
- Assist with dry hopping, tank cleaning, centrifuging, filtering, and other production activities.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education and/or Experience
No experience necessary.
Ability to read and effectively interpret documents. Ability to effectively communicate with customers or employees.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The position will occasionally be required to work in the warehouse environment to facilitate shipment activities and assist with warehouse functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as required.
- Must be able to maneuver 165 lb. kegs safely.
- Must travel up and down 45 steps as required.
- Must be able to use both hands and arms in full range of motion.
- Must have good hand and eye coordination skills.
- Must be able to work around moving equipment and hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee is consistently required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and consistently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time regular variable-hour position with flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening, and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
This position requires 0% travel.
Required Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Complete and pass pre-employment screening
Complete online application and assessment.
Complete Co. Harassment Prevention Training
Reports to Brew Master, Head Brewer, and Packaging Supervisor
$17.00 to $18.00 per hour
Great Beer Born of Hard Times®