Are you looking to brew beer with one of the best breweries in the Twin Cities? We are looking for a kick-ass brewer to join us at our Brooklyn Center Brewery. The Brooklyn Center location provides an opportunity to brew our small batch, barrel-aged, and innovation/R&D beers. Sound like just what you're looking for? Check out the details below and apply today!
The Shift brewer performs all day-to-day brewing and cellar operations under direction and supervision of the Lead Brewer, Head Brewer and VP of Brewing Operations. Shift Brewers are responsible for performing all tasks following standard operating procedures in a safe, cooperative, team-based fashion.
Title: Shift Brewer
Location: Brooklyn Center, MN
Starting Wage: $20.00-$23hr/based on experience
Direct Reports: None
This position will be eligible for our complete benefit package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc)
- Ensure a safe work environment and a culture that embraces safe work habits, understanding of the risks, compliance with regulations, and following corrective action plans for any identified safety hazards and risks as directed by brewery management.
- Ability to perform and troubleshoot all functions of the brewery and cellar per standard operating procedures, including but not limited to, raw ingredient handling, wort production, yeast management, dry-hopping, barrel handling, clarification, clean-in-place systems, quality assurance, record keeping, and general cleaning.
- Maintain equipment and operating systems to ensure proper working conditions and perform preventative maintenance as directed.
- Communicates any known mechanical, raw material, and/or beer quality issues to brewery management.
- Follow corrective action plans as needed to ensure all core brands match the established quality standards as directed.
- Report, evaluate and interpret wort and beer quality daily, including analytical results, process consistency, and taste based on training and guidance from brewery management. Implement changes to improve processes, recipes, beer flavor and consistency as directed.
- Ensure that Production areas are always clean and organized.
- Drive continuous process improvement throughout the brewing process as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A working knowledge of OSHA requirements and a proven track record of focus on building a safety culture
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, OBeer
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day) performing job with and around moving machinery
- 2+ years of related experience or training in a production brewery environment
- A BA or BS degree and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal Brewing Education.
- Forklift Certified
- MN Special Engineer’s Boiler License
- This position operates around a rotating shift schedule that will require long hours and evening/weekend work. Participation at relevant brewery and other company events is assumed.