Brew Gentlemen is hiring a Brewing Manager who is a natural leader, engenders trust, demonstrates a sense of urgency, and assures consistent achievement of quality standards. As a leader in the brew house who values integrity, excellence, and diligence, your focus will be on ensuring that the operations of the brew house are humming along, the team feels supported, and the quality is never compromised! This role combines the daily, weekly and monthly coordination of all beer production with managing the brewery team, brewery equipment, and all aspects tied to running a brewery and barrel aging facility – from start to finish.
Top candidates will have extensive understanding of beverage manufacturing and managing a team that executes all aspects of brewing operations, from selecting ingredients to delivering a finished product. This includes but is not limited to: beer aging and packaging, crafting new recipes, cleaning and sanitation, quality control operations, a sensory program, warehouse operations, staff management, and detailed record keeping.
This person is a head coach – someone who has specialized knowledge of the game, relates to others with sincerity and authority, executes plays with precision, and isn’t shy about getting on the field to demonstrate and motivate as needed.
In this environment, daily operations require fast-thinking with confidence and the ability to give clear direction to the team on procedures and timelines. Developing expertise across the team through effective delegation and shared responsibility for work output is a priority.
This role reports directly to the COO and CEO. This professional is expected to work closely with the entire brewing team and Sales Manager, under the direction of the COO. This is a senior level position that will suit someone with 5–7 years of experience managing a beverage manufacturing facility. A wide array of knowledge is required along with the ability to lead a team, be self-motivated, and display exceptional communication skills.
For a driven, determined, self-disciplined individual who is looking to apply their technical expertise and ingenuity, this is an opportunity to be an integral contributor to an expanding brewery’s development.
- 5-7 years of professional brewing experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience with proven track record of team building and leadership
- In depth knowledge of the beverage industry
- Forklift certified (or willing to get certified/licensed) and able to operate forklift and other equipment as needed
- Computer literacy. Software: Google Suite, Beersmith Pro, EKOS
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate both verbal & written
- Strong problem-solving skills. You like solving problems, and seeking out solutions!
- High tolerance for change and like working in fast-paced environments
Supervisory responsibilities: Involvement in hiring, oversight of training, and ongoing management of brewers, cellarmen, and other operations staff relating to work in both brewhouses/cellars
- Physical and demanding in nature
- Involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Stands and/or traverses brewery for long periods of time
- Frequently climbs stairs/staircase
- Frequently bends, moves, transports, or lifts 60 pounds and moves 165 pounds safely
- Can work in both hot and cold temperatures
BENEFITS: Positions include highly competitive benefits including health insurance, dental/vision, paid vacation, paid sick time, family leave, and more.
Beverages Bring People Together