Brewery Maintenance Technician - South San Diego
Who We Are:
We are pioneering a Booch revolution, and our family is growing!
If you want to make waves in the innovative Hard Kombucha category, we are seeking a high energy, and passionate people to represent BOOCHCRAFT. We are a rapidly growing kombucha brewery and we provide significant opportunities for growth and development.
We would love to share with you our vision for the brand, our values, and how you can help us make an impact.
Be Bold - competitive spirit, inspired to create connection, and unafraid to fail
Give a Sh*t - passionate, change-maker, and conscientious of the impact we make
Own It - responsible, self-motivated, and scrappy
Do Better - curious, evolutionary, and never stop learning
Win Together - selfless and willing to go the extra mile to help the team
What You'll Do:
The Brewery Maintenance Technician is a maintenance support position that will be responsible for second-shift repair and preventive maintenance services to all brewery production equipment and ancillary facilities. When on-call, this person may be required to come into the brewery and make repairs during the second shift and weekend operations as needed.
- Willingness to uphold our external company values
- Maintain a professional work environment that fosters a collaborative team spirit with respect for all individuals
- Keep the Maintenance Manager informed about important developments in real-time.
- Diagnose equipment failures when they do happen and promptly repair them.
- Disassemble and assemble equipment in a methodical and mindful way to prevent safety issues or equipment damage.
- Develop and maintain maintenance logs on all equipment. Generate preventive maintenance schedules, tool inventories, repair logs, lubrication logs, etc.
- Identify, hire and coordinate contractors used for any repair or installation.
- Maintain and repair all electrical, mechanical, heating/cooling systems, plumbing, gas, air, drain, and wastewater systems. Including ordering spare parts and scheduling services as needed.
- Troubleshoot PLCs, Controls, Motors, and Medium Voltage Equipment.
- Perform electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic system repairs, including
- HVAC and refrigeration.
- Proactively coordinate maintenance activities with Brewing / Packing departments and provide clear status updates at appropriate intervals.
- Continue his/her education as needed to fill gaps in technical knowledge.
- Key traits and attributes: Friendly demeanor, collaborative/team mindset, strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, curiosity-minded, ability to inspire, punctual, highly motivated, self-starter, problem solver, and detail-oriented
What You'll Need:
- Experience: The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of direct experience in a production the facility, ideally consumer packaged goods. In lieu of direct manufacturing experience, extensive training and experience as a maintenance/repair specialist aboard a US Naval the vessel will also be acceptable
- License or Certification: Must own a vehicle, have a valid class “C” CA Driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to safely lift moderately heavy equipment (a minimum of 50 lbs.), up to 4 times per day and for periods of up to 10 minutes. Able to squat, lay down, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl in various positions to gain access to equipment.
- Able to work in a wet/humid environment and operate equipment within safety standards
What Will Make You Successful:
- Represents Boochcraft in a positive manner.
- Performs high-quality repairs in a timely manner.
- Maintains thorough records of repairs, tools, spare inventory, etc.
- Performs all repair work in a safe manner.
- Has a positive can-do attitude and a sense of urgency when performing tasks.
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy and minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks according to business needs.
- Capable of authoring documents in Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Competent at performing internet-based searches for spare parts and service materials as well as purchasing parts and building relationships with vendors.
- Able to complete intermediate-level plumbing projects.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to write, read and understand English.
- Able to perform basic math operations.
- Able to interpret equipment, facility, and P&ID drawings.
- Has basic electrical skills to troubleshoot and repair pumps, motors, boilers, packaging equipment, and refrigeration.
- Has basic mechanical skills to troubleshoot and repair valves, flow control, pressure gauges, temperature gauges, and piping systems
Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The lighting in the work environment may be dim.
Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to perform physical activities which include but are not limited to lifting, bending over, kneeling, twisting, climbing on ladders, stooping, crouching, and routinely lifting up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs. Candidates may be required to stand for various hours at a time.
This position will pay between $22.75 to $28.75 per hour
What we Offer:
401k with Match
Paid Time Off
Company Paid Holidays - including your birthday!
Taproom / Merch Discounts
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.