MARKET MANAGER - LA/OC
Brouwerij West and THINGS … For Your Head hard seltzer are looking for qualified candidates to expand our Sales team in our home markets of LA & OC, especially individuals with craft beer or hard seltzer experience. We are also looking for a person who shares our love of traditional Belgian beer as well as hazy IPAs, crisp lagers, hard seltzer, and an experimental take on brewing and branding.
Our Market Managers report to the Director of Sales & Distribution and are accountable for increasing our company's revenues within their assigned territory through deliberate customer relationship development and management. Market Managers are expected to oversee the accounts in their territory in an efficient way in order to optimize the sales and growth potential there, with a focus on prioritizing key and high-volume accounts alongside our distributor partners to ensure all accounts are being properly serviced. The role requires autonomy, initiative, organization, strategic planning and development, and excellent interpersonal and marketing skills.
Key Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage customer relationships efficiently and maintain effective customer prioritization and geographically-strategic trade activity.
- Make 40 or more impactful sales calls per week within the assigned territory. Be prepared with sales tools at the start of each trade activity day.
- Increase sales volumes with existing customers while continuing to seek new opportunities to expand our customer base.
- Nurture and maintain long-term and robust relationships with new and existing customers. Interact with customers as needed to identify and resolve any interruption to quick, efficient service. Help maintain and expand our customer base.
- Work with the Director of Sales to develop 30/60/90-day sales plans in line with achieving the company’s quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Utilize Lilypad CRM – track all sales calls, completed and prospective sales, follow-up action needed, customer details and to build/send weekly trade activity recaps
- Work closely with our distributor partners through work-withs (2 per month), collaborative trade visits, General Sales Meetings (as needed), and participating in tastings, events, festivals, and other activations.
- Understand and embrace Brouwerij West and THINGS…For Your Head brands and styles. Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the differences, similarities, and competitive edge between our products, our methods, and our brand identity and those of other craft brewers/seltzer-makers and mass-market producers.
- Obtain and communicate customer feedback to the Director of Sales & Distribution and management regarding product quality and popularity, brand perception, competitor pricing behavior, and satisfaction with our beers.
- Attend bi-weekly sales meetings to review sales data and provide trend reporting to the Director of Sales & Distribution and management.
- Develop strong rapport and communication with key figures on our distributor partner’s sales and merchandiser teams to promote and achieve a seamless and superior customer experience.
- Act in a professional and responsible manner in interactions with customers, coworkers, and patrons alike
- Taste beers and partake in sensory analysis.
- Assist in the training of colleagues including newly-hired employees.
- Work with and support company management on special projects as needed.
- Nights and weekends are required for this position.
Necessary Job Qualifications & Experience
- 1-3 years Beverage Alcohol sales experience is highly preferred. Sales experience within the territory is a plus.
- Keen interest in the beer brewing and seltzer-making process, beer and seltzer styles, and beer and seltzer culture, including in developing an understanding of underlying scientific principles governing fermentation. Ability to stay current with trends in craft beer and hard seltzer including social media trends, competitor product launches, competitor pricing behavior, and industry marketing techniques.
- Frequent travel to visit new prospects and existing clients in assigned geography. Ability to multitask while out of the office at client visits, to avoid operational interruptions.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills. Attention to detail, including a focus on order accuracy and record-keeping without requiring supervision. Superior problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets. VIP, iDig, and Lilypad CRM are a plus.
- Must be able to periodically lift and move objects such as kegs up to 150 lbs, cases of beer, and glassware cases.
- Clean driving record.
- A professional work style that is always polite, punctual, reliable, and collaborative.
This position will report to the Director of Sales & Distribution.
This is a full-time, salaried plus commission position. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience with the base salary in the range of $51,000-$55,000, plus health benefits and paid time off.
All employees are allocated beer allowances and company discounts. We are a fun and fast-moving team that promotes equity and personal growth.
Brouwerij West/THINGS...For Your Head is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity.
Qualified candidates will be required to interview in person on-site in San Pedro, CA, if selected.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter PDF to email@example.com. Please limit your contact to email only.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Discover the West