1 S Chicago Ave. Bay Shore, NY 1170
Destination Unknown Beer Company is a fast growing and award winning production brewery located in Bay Shore, NY. We are looking for a full time Production Supervisor to add to our growing team.
The Production Supervisor must be proficient in all operations within the brewery and reports to ownership. The position assists in, supervises and coordinates brewing, cellaring, and packaging team members, ensuring production plan execution while monitoring brewery operations in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safety.
- Proficiency in all production operations with a strong focus on adherence to SOPs and safety.
- All wort production
- Manage shift production team and be a resource for questions, concerns and issues.
- Adhere, edit and update all SOPs to elevate process control and minimize variability across the team.
- Work with the ownership to plan efficient use of resources and staffing.
- Ensure the production environment and all equipment meets QA/QC standards of cleanliness and sanitation and implement improvements where appropriate.
- Ensure all equipment is operating safely, at maximum efficiency.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency to problem solving.
- Conduct daily shift meetings to keep the production team informed of schedule, equipment and changes.
- Lead the continuous improvement effort and track and report progress.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment including equipment, work surfaces, rooms and floors
- Operate forklifts and hand trucks
- Assist in off-site and on-site events
- 5+ years experience in brewing environment
- Knowledge of brewing processes, equipment, cellaring, sanitation, and packaging
- Knowledge of beer styles
- Willingness and ability to help with inventory and ordering of raw materials and equipment
- Strong work ethic and flexibility as brewery continues to grow
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- Maintain OSHA requirements and standard operational procedures
- Ability to lift 55+ lbs. repeatedly
- Minimum 3 years of brewery experience in a production brewery
- Proven management of production
- Equivalent related leadership experience in a related beverage industry may be considered
- In depth experience with brewing, cellaring and packaging systems
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Able to work rotating shifts if needed
Successful candidates will also possess:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
- Communicate efficiently with team and customers
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Benefits include; Health First Health Insurance ( Employer pays 25% per month), +Sick and Vacation Days
As with all our positions at Destination Unknown Beer Company we are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a team player that is looking for a position at a fast-growing company. If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Destination Unknown Beer Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Where's Your Sense of Adventure?