Full Time Head Chef
We are delighted to be bringing new jobs to Middletown, NY. Our facility (2-8 South Street) is open seven days a week, offering a wide array of shifts for our kitchen, taproom and retail spaces. We are looking for employees who possess positive attitudes, integrity, highly honed communication skills and a willingness to learn.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Our kitchen is located within our taproom; it is an open format which makes all cooking staff visible to customers. The Head Chef will be expected to occasionally engage with customers while performing cooking duties and maintaining quality standards.
- The Head Chef will be expected to provide the same level of customer service to their co-workers as they offer to guests.
- Hire and train kitchen staff,
- Set schedules for kitchen staff,
- Responsible for ordering and overseeing inventory in accordance with kitchen budget,
- Perform equipment maintenance,
- Develop menu and set pricing,
- Report sales and meet budget goals,
- Conduct performance reviews of kitchen staff,
- Menu development, rotation, specials and special event menus
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness, as well as understanding and enforcing all health, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of craft beer.
- Perform all duties according to Equilibrium procedures
- Support Equilibrium brewing staff, preparing special ingredients for adjuncting beer
- Assist during private events and special releases as necessary
- Collaborate with guest chefs and visiting brewers for special events
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Qualifications & Abilities
- 5-7 years experience in a professional kitchen.
- Looking for a candidate who can bring a sous chef with them.
- Experience with live fire cooking on a parilla-style grill (preferred).
- Experience with farm-to-table cooking and adapting menus based on seasonal ingredients.
- Must have food handlers and safeserv certifications.
- Experience with various forms of technology, different POS systems, time clocks, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Desire for constant improvement and refinement of craft.
- Willing to work flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be a team player while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and maintain quality control.
- Willing to communicate effectively and accurately.
- Have the desire to succeed.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, push, pull and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
Compensation & Benefits
Pay is based on experience.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Experience level: 5 years
Pay rate: Yearly pay
Work Setting: Casual dining restaurant
Experience: Cooking 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
Ability to commute/relocate: Middletown, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
To Apply: If you are passionate about food and beer and have the desire to provide great customer service, please apply! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience Equilibrium – Beer Balanced by Science.