Atwater, Detroit’s largest Craft Brewery, is seeking a full-time Distribution Sales Manager. This person will serve as the face of Atwater at the local level for our Distributors Partners as well as for key retailers in critical strategic markets. Working alongside our distributor partners, the Distribution Manager plays a key role, responsible for driving strategic distribution and volume in both on and off premise retail accounts, executing and upholding brand standards, as well as performing additional miscellaneous educational and sales based tasks as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with accounting and sales team to develop annual distribution targets
- Create account target list by wholesaler for priority brands to improve distribution of Atwater product in market
- Own relationship with key accounts decision makers in both on and off premise accounts
- On a weekly basis, work with distributor sales teams to drive distribution and incremental sales at the retail level
- Monitor and submit distribution progress reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and develop retail and pricing programs for underperforming packages
- Execute the local sampling plan of Atwater through interaction with consumers and retailers at local retail samplings, retail work- withs, special events, trade shows, etc.
- Properly manage regional POS budget to ensure effective use of merchandising tools at retail to drive proper awareness for Atwater brands and achieve distribution and display objectives
- Responsible for executing price strategies by product to enhance Distributor Net Revenue
- Responsible for understanding maintaining appropriate brewery margins
- Maintain accurate records of current pricing for Atwater versus competition across all distributor and retailer in assigned territory
- Regularly conduct retail price surveys
- Work with management & Controller to initiate corrective action to improve pricing in all on and off premise accounts
- Responsibly manage annual co-op budgets with Distributors in compliance with all Atwater/Molson Coors policies and procedures
- Responsibly manage annual travel and expense budget in compliance with Atwater/Molson-Coors Travel and Expense Policy Guidelines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Team player that is passionate about selling beer.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; good listening skills; and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work; attention to details; effective time management; set goals and objectives.
- Take independent actions and calculated risks.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work both traditional business hours as well as non-traditional business hours including, at times, nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Must be available for overnight travel for crew drives, meetings, training and occasional weekend events or Distributor and Retailer event.
- Must have solid computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license required with excellent driving record.