Texas Beer Company is an award winning 30 bbl brewhouse located in Taylor, Texas near Austin in Central Texas. Our beers are distributed statewide across Texas. We are looking for an experienced Head Brewer to join our team and grow our brand. The role is a full-time salaried position. We offer competitive pay, health benefits, paid vacation and other perks.
The Head Brewer position is the team leader of our production crew and will be assuming responsibility of maintaining our current lineup of distributed beers and will help develop future offerings. This role requires the individual to have experience in all aspects of brewing operations from the hot side brewery operations to the cold side cellar operations and packaging.
- Must be over 21 yrs of age and have a love of craft beer.
- Prior experience as a brewer is required.
- Formal training at a brewing school and or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with the complete brewing process, sanitation, yeast health, wort production, fermentation, beer transfer, packaging, and CIP required.
- Experience with basic brewery QA/QC brewing processes
- Experience in lab management & yeast management cropping, cell counts, pitch rates, generation tracking & utilization of a PCR machine.
- Experience utilizing brewery management software is a plus.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tanks, cleaning the outsides of vessels, cleaning floors, and maintaining the appearance of the brewhouse and cellar.
- Data entry of all brewing related data into brewery management software including brew days, purchase orders and inventory.
- Adherence and improvement to SOPs and safety procedures.
- Must be comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work duties.
- Hardworking, motivated, goal-oriented-individual with a strong sense of urgency
- Desire to learn and improve.
- Team player with clear communication skills.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, climb and work in tight spaces.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time (up to 12 hours).
- Willingness to work in a warehouse that is not climate controlled.
- A love for beer and an interest in how it is brewed.
- Must be a team player yet be trusted to act independently.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please limit your contact to email only.
Texas Beer Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Drink Texas Beer!